What was the best book you read?

Forums THE FINISH LINE! What was the best book you read?

• Author

Your TBR pile is now a (hopefully) read pile! What was the best one you read? Give us all a recommendation!

Josh and Hazel’s Guide to Not Dating by Christina Lauren which was a first time read for me and gave it 4.5/5 stars

Best book I read was definitely Simon vs. the Homo Sapiens Agenda! I had no idea I would love it as much as I did!

I gave 5 stars to ‘You’ by Caroline Kepnes and that was the only book that I read which was 5 stars. However if I’m being honest the best or my favourite book that I read was ‘The Scorch Trials’ by James Dashner. I only gave it 4.5. As much as I really enjoyed it, it wasn’t a 5 star book.

My two favorites with 5 stars each were Girls of Paper and Fire and Of Fire and Stars. Both awesome books

Gotta be Heartstopper by Alice Oseman, just finished it, that’s it, book number 7.

• This reply was modified 5 months, 4 weeks ago by  Shell.

Heartstopper was the last thing that I’ve read, and I gave it 5 stars!

• This reply was modified 5 months, 3 weeks ago by  Ainsley.

I had two: Wilder Girls by Rory Power and In An Absent Dream by Seanan McGuire. They were both sooo good.

Hands down Percy Jackson and the Last Olympian. I think my soul just left my body. My cheeks hurt so much from smiling.

The Remaking of Corbin Wale was the best of the ten books I read in the last 6 days.

More Than We Can Tell by Brigid Kemmerer. She does contemporary so well. ❤

Sam

I gave The Girl who Drank the Moon by Kelly Barnhill, The Complete Persepolis by Marjane Satrapi and Agnes Grey by Anne Brontë 5 stars. Of those I would recommend The Girl who Drank the Moon the most! It was just an adorable read. I loved all the characters and the way the story was told was perfect 🙂

I absolutely loved Dread Nation and We Hunt the Flame! Historical fiction with POC characters is my absolute favourite! 5 stars for both!

My favourite was “The Lord God Made Them All” by James Herriot – memoirs by a vet from England who drives around, heals animals and helps farmers in rural Yorkshire. It’s the coziest and most Hufflepuffy book I can imagine – a lot of love for animals, family and community. And the author is hilarious. Would highly recommend!

That’s so cool! I read „If Only They Could Talk“, which is the first book in the series. Have you watched the TV show adaptation? I highly recommend it!

kit

last bus to everland by sophie cameron! i’m still reading my seventh book but that’s a reread so i’m fairly confident in my answer..i just loved last bus to everland so much!!! i laughed! i cried! i was tender!

Now You See Them by Elly Griffiths – 384 pgs. – ★★★★★ – 7/22/2019
    The fifth book in the Magic Men series, Now You See Them, takes place in the 60’s, 10 years later than the last book. Superintendent Edgar Stephens and the magician Max Mephisto are involved in a case of missing girls in Brighton UK. DS Emma Holmes is now married to Edgar and is a frustrated wife and mother who misses being out there solving crime along with Edgar. She begins her own hunt along with Sam Collins, a woman reporter. When two more girls go missing, both with ties to the group, the stakes climb ever higher, and Max finds himself drawn into his own search. Who will find the girls first? And will they get there in time?
    I think this is the best book of the series so far. There is less magic and more detective work going on. I like the 60’s timeframe of the book as I think is was a very interesting period. The characters are well-developed and the plot is fast-paced and makes the book hard to put down. I can’t wait to read the next book in the series and watch how these relationships move forward. I would recommend this series to those who love historical fiction and British police procedurals.

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.