Quick Readathon Reads

Forums The Reading Challenges! Quick Readathon Reads

• Author

Suggestions for books that are quick to read (and if they fall under a category for one of the challenges even better)

graphic novels are usually fast to read, also collection of short stories.

Midnight sun was a fast read for me you could use it for the book to movie

I just changed one of my books to “Everyone’s A Alien When Ur A Alien Too” by Jomny Sun; a graphic novel about an alien that comes to Earth. It is a debut novel by this author, it is a non human main character, and the title has 5 or more words.

Hmm. I just saw his Ted talk too, seems like a good choice

Things We Didn’t See Coming by Steven Amsterdam is just under 200 pages and fits the five-word title challenge, it’s a debut novel, and you could read it in the same spot!

William Shakespeare’s Much Ado About Mean Girls by Ian Doescher
    -Purple on the cover
    -Short enough to easily read in one spot
    -5+ words in the title

Any of the Wayward Children books by Seanan McGuire. They add all under 200 pages, and there titles are all 5+ works and I think one of them has a purple cover also you can easily read them in one spot.

The Smell of Other People’s Houses <33 fits the purple challenge too 🙂

Narnia is very quick to read, and three of the books have adaptation, two of them have 5 word titles, and they have non human characters.

That definitely helps the 5 word title challenge! Though, I have read them multiple times 🙁

More options for quick reads:
      – Poetry (?allowed?)
      – Fairy tale retellings
      – Romantic comedies (the hating game, the Rosie Project, to all the boys I’ve loved)

• This reply was modified 4 months, 2 weeks ago by  Olivia.
      • This reply was modified 4 months, 2 weeks ago by  Olivia.

Emma Mills’ books are pretty quick reads! They’re YA contemporary/rom coms and you can definitely check off the debut and purple challenges with them.

Try poetry books

I’m doing Animal Farm by George Orwell… I’m going to listen to the audiobook (It’s on Youtube! 😛 ) It will fulfill two challenges out of 7… Reading a book in the same spot the entire time and a book with a non-human main character! 😀

I’ll be reading at least two Arthurian legends/romances (“Tristan and Isolt” for the book to movie adaptation, “The Death of King Arthur” for 5+ words in a title), and a graphic novel (“My Lesbian Experience with Loneliness” for one sitting) to try and still read 7 books. My TBR is no where near final so I’ll be adding more short books since I work somewhere between 50 and 70 hours a week in the summer.

Some middle grade books are a great add to a readathon, for example, Matilda or The bad beginning are great ones! If those are not your jam, I’d add a good Agatha Christie novel, those always work for me ^^ The cycle of the wolf is another great choice 🙂

A few that came to mind for me:
    The Binti series
    The Poet X
    The Illuminae Series (even though they look huge)
    Animal Farm
    Most Banana Yoshimoto books

Hi!

I have Illuminae on my TBR shelf and was thinking about putting it in my TBR for the readathon. I might do it now (IDK yet because I’m a mood reader :P). Thanks for the tip <3

• This reply was modified 3 months, 4 weeks ago by  Duda.

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.