Introduce Yourself!

Forums General Introduce Yourself!

• Author

This forum is an opportunity to meet the other Reading Rush participants! Introduce yourself, where you live, and what you’re reading!

Hi! I’m Charli and I had the honor of building the Reading Rush website 🙂 I live in London (the UK one, not the Ontario one…) and I’m currently reading The Multi-Hyphen Method by Emma Gannon.

Hi! I’m Sarah and I’m from a little outside Toronto in Ontario, Canada. This will be my first year attempting to actively participate. However, I do leave for a family vacation to Newfoundland on July 22 so, we’ll see how I do…(it’s totally okay just to ignore my family and read while we travel around the province, right? ;P) My reading tastes tend to hover around YA but, I’m looking to break out of that a bit so, if you have any book recs, please send them my way! (I’m not super picky about genre but, I do like fantasy and contemporary best…bonus points if there’s some mental health component to the story.) My current reads are Kingdom of Ash by Sarah J. Maas (I’ve been dragging it out because I’m incorrigible and I also just don’t want the series to end) and a reread of Fangirl by Rainbow Rowell because I wanted some more cute after Again But Better by Christine Riccio. <3

Hey! I’m Shelby. I’m a 20 year old book lover from Texas. I love to travel and experience the world. My current favorite author is Adam Silvera & my most recent read is Red, White, & Royal Blue. I run a booktube channel as well as a bookstagram!

Hi! I’m Graci from Texas, and I love love love to read. I do not know what books I want to choose for the reading Rush just yet, but currently I am reading Tower of Dawn by Sarah J Maas. I have put off reading these last two books to savor this series! I do not want it to end!!!

Hey! I’m Megan from Singapore 🙂 I am currently reading Spindle Fire and have just finished Suffragettes and The Fill-in Boyfriend. I like books with a bit of romance in it and also action. Favourite series is probably The Lunar Chronicles or ACOTAR (can’t believe I shipped Tamlin and Feyre). Not sure whether I’ll have the time to do this challenge but hopefully I will!

Hi everyone 💕!! My name is Ala’a and i’m almost 22 .. I live in Saudi Arabia.
      I’m currently reading Red Queen by Victoria Aveyard..
      I’m so excited about this readathone and can’t wait for it to start 😍💕

Hi! I am Giani. I am a new member to the reading rush community. This is my first year participating in this readathon and I am very excited. I live in Tampa, Florida United States, and I am still learning so I most likely won’t be very good at this in the beginning. My favorite book genre is fantasy, but I also love mystery.😜

Hi! I’m Atikah from Malaysia. I’m currently reading The Dream Thieves by Maggie Stiefvater and have just finished The Apple Tart of Hope by Sarah Moore Fitzgerald. I like books with a lot of romance in it and also I read mostly from Fantasy genre. My favorite series is ACOTAR series. Hopefully I could finish 7 books in 7 days 🤞🏻.

Hi from Newfoundland. have a great visit!

Hello my name is Emmanuel. I am from India. I am reading the missing of clairdelune and I am 65% in with The way of kings. This will be my first time participating and I hope that I will finish challenges. Let’s hope for the best.

heyyy im <andie/strong>, i read books in spanish and english and im trying to read a bit in german,i just finished A room of ones own
      (in spanish)By Virginia Woolf and i´m currrently reading Eleanor Oliphant is completely fine by Gail Honeyman (english) i hope i can achieve as many badges as i can, it keeps me motivated!!!

Hi everyone! My name is Tash and I live just outside of Toronto, Ontario, Canada. This’ll be my first year participating and I’m sooo excited!! I also can’t wait for the challenges to be released!! I’m currently reading the last book in the Crazy Rich Asians trilogy and loving it although I should be studying for my exam tmrw… oh well 🙂

Hey, I’m Megan and I’ve never used a forum before so it took me forever to figure out how to reply lmao! I’m from Toronto and I’ve been participating in Reading Rushes since 2014. I study Integrated Media (film) and English at OCADU and mainly read SciFi (Dystopian) and Fantasy (Paranormal or Urban Fantasy)
      novels. Hoping to make some internet and IRL friends this year so hmu if you wanna chat and add me as a friend ☺️

Hi! I’m Chris! I live in southwestern PA ( send me a dollar and I will say yinz and let you laugh at me ) and I am currently rereading Blue Lily, Lily Blue!

Hi everyone! I’m Carolina (pronounced like Ca-ro-lee-na) and I’m from Maryland! I’m currently a sophomore undergrad theatre and spanish double major and I have participated in this for the past two years (I’m one of the people who reads the 7 books in a week each year, so I plan to get that 8th badge hehe). I’m currently rereading the Inheritance Cycle for the first time since I read it 7 years ago. I am really excited about the reading rush this year and I love this new website!

Hi I’m Lisa from right outside Cincinnati, Ohio. Today is my 35th Birthday and writing that doesn’t make me feel old at all ha ha. I am currently reading The Lies of Locke Lamora by Scott Lynch. I am about 200 pages in and am loving it so far. Was a little slow to start, but I think I’ve hit my stride!

• This reply was modified 5 months ago by  Lisa.

Hi! My name is Emily and this is my first readathon! I am a middle school English teacher and I LOVE talking books. Doing a readathon was one of my top priorities for this summer and I can’t wait to get started. Feel free to add me as a friend or follow my bookstagram or goodreads. OH! Also I’m currently reading Where’d You Go Bernadette, and some recent favorites incude Ask Again, Yes and The Seven Husbands of Evelyn Hugo. Looking forward to reading with you!

Ha! My name is also Lisa and I’ll br 35 on the first day of the reading rush! I also dont feel old at all! Happy belated birthday!

Hi! I’m Taylor. I’m from Kansas, and I’m currently reading Red, White and Royal Blue. My favorite author is Leigh Bardugo and my favorite genres are YA fantasy and contemporary! You can find me on Instagram @ mymonthlyreads

• This reply was modified 5 months ago by  Taylor.

Leigh Bardugo is queen! I don’t think there’s anything she could write that I wouldn’t read/love.

Loved the seven husbands of Evelyn Hugo ! Have you read Daisy Jones & the Six by Taylor Jenkins Reid ?

Hi! My name is Chloe and I’m from Ireland🇮🇪. I am currently reading Escaping From Houdini by Kerri Maniscalco and The Cruel Prince by Holly Black. My favourite genre is definitely fantasy, Harry Potter,Percy Jackson, A Darker Shade of Magic and Mistborn are some of my favourites.

Hi all, I’m Kady! I’m 24, almost 25, and I live in Edmond, Oklahoma with my hubby & 3 dogs. Yeehaw! (We don’t actually say that.) I am currently reading Daisy Jones & The Six by Taylor Jenkins Reid, & am about to start The Apology by Eve Ensler.

Hi! My name is Makenna! I am originally from California but currently living in Alabama. I am a college student majoring in psychology. I love to read, write, and sing. I am planning on starting a booktube channel soon. I am currently reading You’ll Miss Me When I’m Gone by Rachel Lynn Solomon. This is the first time I’ve ever done a readathon and I’m very excited! 🙂

Hi, I’m Rachael, I’m from California and this is my first year participating (it’s really exciting)! I will be on vacation during the Reading Rush week but hopefully I’ll be able to read at least a few books for the challenge. I am a full-time student so I don’t usually get to read much during the year, but I’m really trying to read more and fall in love with books again. I’m currently reading Carry On by Rainbow Rowell (highly recommend).

• This reply was modified 4 months, 4 weeks ago by  Rachael.

Hi everyone, I’m Navya! I’m from Texas and I love YA fiction and Dystopian and am a sucker for romance novels from time to time. I am currently reading Hunting Prince Dracula by Kerri Maniscalco. I’m excited to participate in this event and finally get to some books that have been on my TBR for months!

Hi!
      My name is Shrushti and I love books as much as I love breathing! This is going to be the first Reading Rush for me and I am really, really looking forward to it!

Hi everyone! I’m Brooke! I’m a 21-year-old American college student and this will be my 3rd time participating in the challenge. I could not be more excited! If anyone wants to chat about their TBRs, Irish playwrights, Paradise Lost (will defend milton’s eve 4 as long as i live), Marvel comics, or anything to do with the challenge itself, I’m game!
      This year, I’m trying to make the challenge actually attainable for me by using plays/short poetry collections/comic volumes as most of my TBR, minus Zadie Smith’s White Teeth. Anyone else going for the seven?

Hi! I am Jordan I live in North Carolina and before this read-a-thon starts I am trying to finish Supermarket by Bobby Hall or Logic.

hi I’m Danielle 🙂 What’s your favorite book to read in the summer??? PS Love you YT channel 😀

Hi I’m Stephani. I’m from Ontario Canada, but I’m currently living in California in the US. It’s my first time doing this reading rush thing but I’ll give it a shot.

Heyo! My name is Charlotte. I live near Boston, Massachusetts. I’m super excited to get this readathon started! Right now I’m reading Picture Us In The Light.

Hello 🙂 I’m Erin, a library assistant in Ohio. I’m just finishing up A Sorcery of Thorns by Margaret Rogerson, and I LOVE it. I’m a huge nerd for YA and Classics. I also write fanfic and have an adorable Siamese cat who keeps me company while I write and read. You can find me over on YouTube with my channel Tomes and Tunes. Hope you all enjoy the Reading Rush!

I’m Emme, I’m from Madison, WI, and I’m reading Belzhar by Meg Wolitzer.

• This reply was modified 5 months, 2 weeks ago by  Emme.
      • This reply was modified 5 months, 2 weeks ago by  Emme.

Library workers ftw! (Librarian from Michigan here)
      Sorcery of Thorns is one of my challenge books since I have the special edition with the purple cover.
      Definitely checking out you channel since I’m always on the hunt for new ones to watch!

Hello! My name is Amanda and I’m from Alaska! I am looking forward to reading alongside so many bookish people during the Reading Rush! I am currently rereading Harry Potter and the Sorcerer’s Stone and listening to the audiobook of Don’t Date Rosa Santos! I cannot wait to meet some bookish people during this amazing book event!

Hello Im Kayla and I live in Texas. This is my first year participating in The Reading Rush and I am so excited. I am currently participating in SummerAThon on Instagram reading The Geography of Lost Things by Jessica Brody. I look forward to reading with everyone!!

OH MY GOD what’s it like having daylight 24/7 Alaska seems like an entirely different world

I read The Geography of Lost Things and didn’t love it. Hopefully you have a better reading experience!

N

Hi y’all! I’m N and I’m from Russia, but I live in Cali. I’m very excited to be participating in the Reading Rush this year! I’m currently reading Tell Me How You Really Feel by Aminah Mae Safi and I recently finished Red, White & Royal Blue by Casey McQuiston, which I absolutely loved. Thrilled to be here!

Hello, I’m Kellie from the UK and I am a massive lover of Fantasy and Sci fi books!! I am currently reading Six of crows.

Excited to read along with everyone and hopefully meet some amazing people !!

Hello! My name is Micayla and I am a recent college graduate from Ohio. I’m currently reading Scythe by Neal Shusterman and Splintered by A. G. Howard. Currently looking for recommendations for adult fantasies. That’s about it! Good luck to all of the participants and happy reading!

Hello Friends!!!!My name is Karli, I am 15 and from Iowa. I love Harry Potter and during the Reading Rush I plan on reading all the Cassie Clare books on my TBR ( im only halfway through Shadowhunter Academy. oops!). I am so excited to earn badges read more than my friends lolz

Hey! I am Kimberly and I live in the midwest. I have 4 kids and love to read. I am currently trying to read 1 Stephen King book a month and will be starting my next one tomorrow, which is The Dead Zone. Looking forward to this years Reading Rush and all it has to bring!

Hello bookish friends! I’m Emilie and I live in Virginia. My goal this year is to read 123 books and I’m already at 114! I’ve loved reading all my life and am so excited for this opportunity to meet new readers and have a wonderful week of summer reading. I love fantasy, sci-fi, magical realism, and mythic books. I just finished reading The Goldfinch by Donna Tartt and it was absolutely incredible. I’m currently reading Dig by A.S. King, A Winter’s Promise by Christelle Dabos, The Raven Boys by Maggie Stiefvater, and Dusk or Dark or Dawn or Day by Seanan McGuire. Thank you Ariel and Raeleen for this wonderful site and forum!

• This reply was modified 5 months, 2 weeks ago by  Emilie.

You are so close to your goal, and I just surpassed your goal last week, so applause all around!

I live in Virginia too! I hope that a Read-In gets set up somewhere near here, I’d love to participate in that part of the Reading Rush.

Hi I’m Mary Emma and I’m from the Pittsburgh area in the USA. This will be my 7th time participating in this readathon (yes, I’ve been here since the very beginning!), and I’m super excited about all the new stuff this year! I’m currently reading The Rest of the Story by Sarah Dessen and also slowly making my way through Queen of Air and Darkness by Cassandra Clare. Looking forward to July 22nd!

Amy

I loved Queen of Air and Darkness!!

I live in VA too!!! Where are your from?

How are you enjoy The Rest of the Story? I just finished it yesterday after 3 days of not being able to put it down.

Hi! My name is Shawn, and I’m from Nebraska. I’m a huge history nerd, so historical fiction is one of my top go-to genres to read. But I’ll read just about anything as long as it interests me. Currently, I’m reading If I’m Being Honest by Emily Wibberley & Austin Siegemund-Broka.

Mia

Oh, If I’m being Honest is on my TBR for the Reading Rush! How is it so far?

Hey people! I’m Erin, 18 years old from the UK. I’m a complete bookworm and have been since I was very young. I enjoy both YA and adult fiction, particularly contemporary and thriller, and I’ve also started reading more non-fiction recently. Im currently reading Just Like Fate by Cat Patrick and Suzanne Young. I’m really excited for the Reading Rush, to hopefully read a lot and to hopefully speak to lots of lovely bookish people in the process! I’m excited to see what the challenges are this year and to then spend way too long building my TBR.

Hi everyone! My name is Rebecca and I am currently a graduate school student. I have been participating in this readathon since the very beginning and am so excited about how far it has come since then! I am currently reading Otherworld by Jason Segel & Kristen Miller and enjoying it a lot. I’m so excited for the readathon this year and all the new things, including this amazing website!

HI everyone. Honestly I just wanted to post something here. Instragrammer, writer, and music student:D
      Meet me here

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.