Book to Movie Adaptation Challenge

Forums The Reading Challenges! Book to Movie Adaptation Challenge

• Author

Read and watch a book to movie adaptation!

• This topic was modified 4 months, 3 weeks ago by  Ariel Bissett.

Perfect opportunity for me to finally pick up The Darkest Minds.

That was on my TBR but I switched it out for Perks of Being a Wallflower! Still going to read it though (hopefully soon)

I should definitely pick up Five Feet Apart now

It’s a quick read too. Perfect for a readathon!

I’m going to do this too, thank you for the recommendation!

You will not be dissapointed! It probably make you cry it totaly worth it.

I’m really tempted to use this challenge as an excuse to watch To All The Boys I’ve Loved Before for the like 6th time!

I still need to read PS I Still Love You and was debating if I could justify that as close enough to finally watch To All the Boys after and fit this challenge.

I didn’t think about this one! I haven’t read the book but I loved the movie. This might be the one I choose!

I was actually wondering the same thing. If I read like City of Lost Souls, could I just watch the first couple episodes of the show… or even that crappy adaptation of the first book?

Haha I was thinking the same thing!

I think I will try and go for something new but if I don’t find anything that inspires me I am definitely doing this too!

Noa

THIS SERIES IS ALWAYS WORTH IT

Mel

I’m reading it for the first time for this challenge! 😀

I’ve got some choices for this:

Hidden Figures
    Good Omens
    The Princess Bride
    The Handmaid’s Tale
    Hamlet
    Any books in The Expanse series

I have two options: Carrie or Scott Pilgrim

Cat

Macbeth – Mainly because I still need to see the Michael Fassbender film

I would recommend Murder on the Orient Express. It’s a quick read and you have 2 different movie options!

I was thinking about this one! Think there’s actually four different movie verisons, but my personal favourit is the 1974 one 😀

Kay

currently kicking myself because I read this and watched the movie earlier this year haha (& it’s a five word title)

I have the 2nd “book” for fantastic beasts and where to find them so I’m going to read that and rewatch the movie

I still need to read To All the Boys I’ve Loved Before so I’m happy they brought this challenge back!

For this one, I’ll be reading and watching Vampire Academy. 🙂

Thank you so much for this.

I have been thinking of re-reading this book form some time, thanks for reminding me about it. 🙂

I am going to re-read with Call Me By Your Name by Andre Aciman, especially since a sequel is coming out this October!

Good choice.

• This reply was modified 4 months, 2 weeks ago by  Annie.

Ida

really,

The Movie or the book or Both??

I’m really hoping to read Fallen by Lauren Kate for this one. I read the series years and years and YEARS ago and I was obsessed, but I never finished the last book. From the ratings of the books I can’t tell if I had sucky taste or if the ratings are bs lol. So I’m gonna save this one for last out of my TBR in case I hate it. That way I won’t lose any other challenge just because I’m reading slow.

Amy

I loved this series when I read it last year! U should definitely give the last book a try.

I’m thinking I will read and watch The Great Gatsby. Not too sure yet though

Kay

I read this in like 2 hours and the movie from 2012 is really fun, I think it’s perfect for a readathon

I read this for this challenge last year! I listened to the audiobook narrated by Jake Gyllenhaal, and his narration was really good.

Jake G. narrates the GG? That’s cool. I’ll have to check that out.

I’m thinking I’ll go with The Boy in the Striped Pyjamas for this one, it’s pretty much the only unread book I own with a movie adaptation that’s easily accessible to me so it’s the most obvious choice!

That’s the one I’m going with too! I’ve been meaning to read it and see the movie for awhile now, and this is the perfect opportunity to finally do it.

I’m guilty….I only watched the movie but BE PREPARED TO CRY YOUR EYES OUT!

I wasn’t a fan of the book, but it’s a quick read. It’s got a lot of inaccuracies and the MC sounds too young to be 9 years old. BUT… who knows? You may love it.

I’ve never seen the movie, my sister said it was really good. After I *ahem* disliked the book, I couldn’t bring myself to watch the movie. Especially since I know how it ended, and on-screen, that’s gotta be a real kicker.

Annnyyywaayyys

yeah.

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.